Monday, August 29, 2011

There are no pictures for this post because no one really wants to see me right now anyway and I figured everyone would understand. This is a whine post and this is just probably more for memories and letting myself remember just how painful this whole thing has been. That is the only word I can use. I have had so much pain in my life but this is just topping it off to be the worst. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end, but in the moment it is so painful. My doctor truly is amazing and I love that he did the surgery but at the same time I miss the personal side of Dr. Meier who would do anything to make sure that I am comfortable, whereas this doctor will make sure that I won't get addicted. I want myself to rememeber how much pain I am experiencing so that the next go around (hopefully years later) I will be more mentally prepared for how painful it really is.
I have the best husband in the world and he has been by my side doing anything and everything that I have needed and has hepled me through some pretty rough times. He is so supportive and wears whatever I am feeling on his face, if I was in pain you could tell he was trying to take it away and bear it for me. I know I can make it through eternity with him, there are no doubts. I love my husband and his kindness and patience and empathy for my situation.
My mother is also one that has been Hobie's second mother. Those two are two peas in a pod and I love watching those two together and I am so grateful for her and her ginormous sacrifice to be here so long and she also wants to bear some of the pain and has cried along side with me. Sometimes that is what you need is someone to cry with you and to help you talk through and try to make sense of the world when you are hurting so bad. I love my mother more than I can express and I love hanging out with her and I am glad that she is seeing this resolved after many years of pain.
I have a great support team of siblings and especially Steph who will answer questions that we have and be a great relay to Dr. Meier and I think that keeps me more sane to know that if I have questions, they will get answered. I know all of my siblings would do anything and everything for me if I asked and I am so grateful for that!!
Life is painful, so so painful and I am trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is so very faint right now and I am hoping that the next week will bring less pain and more mobility instead of pain and tears and scary dreams.
Thanks for letting me get my deep dark secrets out so I can be more prepared for next time and maybe in a couple days I will be a little brighter.....we will see.

3 comments:

Stephanie Young said...

I should not read this when I am at work it totally made me cry....I am sorry that the pain has been so bad, it shouldn't of been as painful as it was and I am sorry that you have had so much. Keep calm and carry on and You can do hard things because you are doing it right now.... Love you sister and hope that you do better every day.

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh Jana! I had no idea you were in so much pain!! I've been too afraid to call because I heard things were a bit rough but I didn't realize it was this bad! I wish there was something I could do! Is there anything Adam and I can do for you guys? I'm really glad your mom is there and I'm so glad Leo was able to take time off. And...what's this about round 2? You have to do this AGAIN!!??? There's so much to talk about. Shoot me an email when you feel you are able to have talk time or visitors. Hang in there!

Flores Family said...

You my dear, are one of the strongest ladies I know. I love you more than you know and admire how much pain you can handle. I always go back to our conversation about doing hard things and that is what our life is about. I'm so sorry that all of this has been so hard on you. I'm very proud of you and all you've gone through in your life. Not only in this, but everything. You are amazing. I love you.