


Today was just simple an amazing day. Everything happened the way it was supposed to and I am so happy that it did. Leo decided today was the day that we were going to do the countertops for our kitchen. We have absolutely NO experience in building a concrete countertop but we thought that we would take a chance and try it. It has taken A LOT longer than anticipated but it was so worth it today. Leo has spent LONG hours working on the form which I think is the hardest part. He was out there if he was not at work. It has been so hard on me and it has been hard on him. BUT TODAY!!!!! We poured concrete into the first form!!! The kids cooperated and I got to help do it. I put work into our countertops and it as just Leo and I doing it and I am so happy that we got to work side by side finally. It is such a growing experience when you work together with your spouse and I have been waiting so long to be able to work with my sweet husband on a big project like this one. There are plenty more to do but it was one of the best days to work next to the man of my dreams.
He asked me if i wanted to write something on the bottom since it was cement but I said no. Two hours later I went out to see how much it had dried and my awesome husand and drawn a heart and wrote Leo and Jana on the inside. I though it was very sweet and I love that he loves me so much and wants to write in on our countertops!!!
The past two days have been so productive and awesome and it gets me excited to see that Leo and I can work together and will be working together until late. Leo wants to pour the other countertop tonight when he gets home from work at 2 AM. We will see how that goes!!!!
2 comments:
It looks awesome from the pictures! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Yes, but now we REALLY know why he wanted to pour at 2a.m.! Sneaky Leo.
Post a Comment