Wednesday, December 21, 2011





My Mother
I am going to try to do the impossible task and write a post about my Mom. Every 21st of December is a special day because it is my Mom's birthday. Every year I want to give her everything that she has given me, and every year I fail horribly!!! There are so many things to say about my Mom and that is why this an impossible task. It is so hard being so far away from home and my mom and I do get a little home sick around Christmas time and that is because Christmas is a special time in our family. Steve keeps the belief in our family either that or he has all us fooled into thinking that he does. My mom made Christmas THE most special holiday in our family and I think that it is because it is so important. Jesus Christ had to come to earth ad gain a mortal body so we could all return to our Heavenly Father so I think that is why my Mom made it so special, it is the most important.

My mom is the best at everything, all the way in California she provides half our Christmas. My mom is an amazing cook ad I miss her fried chicken!! My mom is awesome at taking care of my children. She bonds with them so well with out making me feel like I am not doing a good job raising them. She never hesitates to help with anything and comes running right whe you need her. She is human and I know she needs to slow down. I am so grateful to have her in my life and to have a good relationship with her, it was not always that way and I hated the way that I treated her but am also grateful that it helped us grow so that we have the relationship that we have now. I miss my mom and her hugs and her tears when I am hurting and her laughs when we are being silly and her accents that she tries to do and her willingness to play Just Dance because my kids wanted her to. I hope that somewhere in my future I will live closer so that I can learn even more from my mom. I hope when I grow up that I can be half the mom that I have!!! Happy Birthday to the most awesome mom!!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was so sweet Jana. It's so hard to put everything into words--and you did a great job! Guess what? You're probably so much like her you don't even realize :) Miss ya!

Stephanie Young said...

Why oh why do I read these when I am at work.....you made me cry...only because I believe and know everything that was said is true.. Our my (not just my mom, but our mom) is the best that there will ever be. I agree whole-heartedly with everything you so eloquently said about our mom.... love you sister. nice job!!